As seen here.
- This will let you PUG 5-man instances and search for groups through multiple servers.
- It will come with its own reward systems. If you're the leader of a PUG and complete the dungeon succesfully you will be rewarded.
- It should be out for patch 3.3.0.
Let's just jump on in, shall we? This is a HORRIBLE idea.
I'm going to keep this brief, but let's just start a list and see how far we get.
1) There will be a larger pool to pull from in LFG.
1) The problem isn't finding bodies, it's finding the proper balance for a run. Having a zillion druids, paladins, priests, and shamans that refuse to heal in LFG won't get you any closer to teh loots. Likewise for 7 zillion DPS warriors, DKs, palys and druids. This isn't the issue. The issue is that no one wants to fill roles that require anything resembling responsibility. I'm not going to qualify that 'responsibility' statement, as it's ground I've covered before. People want to DPS because it's easy (not simple, just non-commital). There will now be 700 little sword icons in LFG, but the lack of little PLUS or SHIELD icons will stay the same. Multiply any large number by zero and the result is still zero.
2) Free reign to be a jackass. Like, an express written invitation from mommy to be a douchebag. PUGs are already pretty bad. People that don't know each other past this run will shit on you at the drop of a hat. People that don't know you, and are on different servers? Hmmm... let's zone into a BG and try getting people to cooperate. Yeah...
3) Replace 'douchebag' above with 'ninja' and I think my water just broke. Master looting will be STANDARD on every run, and if you aren't the leader, good luck having ANYTHING given to you if the ML can use it for offspec. Cross server forum bitching about ninjas? Welcome to 3.3
...do I really need to go on?
Saturday, August 22, 2009
As seen here.